Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm Obsessed.

So me and Jen are sitting here eating our frozen sorbet treats when I jump on the computer to look at my new hobby, ebay. I am not a newcomer to the world of online auctions. I have had bouts with ebay several times. I don't use it very often but I'm trying to locate some good deals on some pedals. I want to round out my pedalboard with a reverb and eq, but I don't want to spend the big bucks. Actually I wouldn't mind spend a little bit of money on some nice effects, but I have a tight budget since being married means sharing everything, even fiscal responsibilities. I'm trying to make anything I purchase a "minor" purchase. The definition of minor is under $50. Any major purchase is discussed and agreed upon before execution.




Ever since I was alive there has been a piano in my house. My mother learned piano as a young girl, and her father bought her a piano and she has kept a center piece of our home since I can remember. I've always had a fascination with the keyboard. Its so simple to play yet amazingly difficult to master. I'd like to devote more time to learning this instrument further, but as I don't have one, (or the time) this is very difficult. As you may know, I have chosen to develop my guitar skills, but the keyboard still nags at my consciences. It may be some dumb whim, but its an amazing breed of instrument that I know about as well as I know spanish.

Side 2:

I have moved around as a young boy. My father in the Air Force, we got stationed several places growing up. My mother piano came with us of corse, and every time I believe it got heavier. I do want to a keyboard but I think if I were to have one it would not be a piano. If you were to ask someone who knows what type of guitar I play then they would tell you, Fender Telecaster. Well, Fender just may be the best musical instrument maker in the world. If I were to have any type of keyboard, it would be a Fender Rhodes. Possible the most imitated piano sound in the world. It would be amazing to own the genuine thing


No comments:

Post a Comment